We NEED volunteers!
In order for the Indiana League to host races, we need volunteers to help setup, tear down, and monitor the race course! We have a variety of spots available for race weekend! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
On average, a NICA Race required 20-30 volunteers the Saturday before the race to help setup, and over 40 volunteers to run the race. This includes: stationary course marshals, race rovers and sweepers, parking support, registration support, and staging. Please contact us today to sign up to volunteer!
RACE DAY VOLUNTEERS – SIGN UP HERE!
This organization is run by a community of volunteers, and there are a number of ways you can donate your time to aid in our success! Volunteer opportunities include:
- Outreach Coordinators – The state of Indiana is mighty big, and in order to effectively advertise the Indiana League, we need people from all parts of the state to help spread the word throughout their communities. The Indiana League will provide the necessary supplies – all you’ve got to do is post ’em up.
- Race Crew – Want to help put on the races? Check out this list of job descriptions and let us know which one tickles your fancy. No experience necessary. As long as you’re stoked on getting more kids on bikes and want to be involved on the race weekends, we want to hear from you.
- Advisory Board Members – The league is actively looking for people to lend their expertise and join our Advisory Board, specifically as Business Mentor, Communications Manager, and Treasurer.
- Local Artists and/or Graphic Designer – You make art? Let’s talk. The league could use some creative talent for our merchandise and promotional materials. Right now it’s just us with Microsoft Paint and clipart.
- Musicians – Want to come out to our races and put the jams out? Sure, we could create a playlist on our computer and that’s that, no problem, but that pales in comparison to the energy and zest from live music. High school marching bands, rock bands, country and folk bands, rap groups, whatever. We’re down to promote your tunes at our races as long as they’re upbeat and unoffensive.
- Trophy Makers – Like the other NICA leagues, we’ll have hand-made trophies to award our podium finishers at the races. If you’re a crafty woodworker, metalworker, ceramic-maker, knitter, or anything else, let us know.
If you’re interested in any of these volunteer positions, or have another idea on how to get involved, contact us at: Margaret@indianamtb.org